Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
About the Friends
The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Check out our Blog
- The Information Centre will be open this Saturday 7th August between 10.00am and 1.00pm.The Information Centre will be open to the public on Saturday 7th August between 10.00am and 1.00pm. We will be joined by: – Emily Millhouse London Tails of Amphibian Discovery (T.O.A.D) Project Manager with froglife https://www.froglife.org/ Funded through The National LotteryContinue reading “The Information Centre will be open this Saturday 7th August between 10.00am and 1.00pm.”
- Wellness Walk at Foots Cray Meadows This Saturday 31st July 2021Join the Friends this Saturday at the Information Centre with a feel-good walk with people and enjoy the Natural Beauty of Sidcup’s supreme open space ‘Foots Cray Meadows. We start at 11am from the information centre – click here forContinue reading “Wellness Walk at Foots Cray Meadows This Saturday 31st July 2021”
- Exploring Local Places, Foots Cray Place Saturday 24th July 2021 10am – 4pmExploring Local Places, Foots Cray Place Saturday 24th July 2021 10am – 4pm. The Friends and Bexley Archaeology Group are co hosting an event as part of the Festival of Archaeology. For full details click the link to see theContinue reading “Exploring Local Places, Foots Cray Place Saturday 24th July 2021 10am – 4pm”
Trip Advisor Reviews
“Lovely spot for a picnic”
“Love this place, so peaceful”