The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Do bear with us we are updating this website and will be back soon with some new information.
You can contact the friends by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org