Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
About the Friends
The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Check out our Blog
- Cross – Country RunTwo different running events on the Meadows Saturday 26th November 2022. Firstly the usual “park run”, although not quite usual as they had changed to the “winter course” which confused one or two. Then there was a larger event, KentContinue reading “Cross – Country Run”
- Autumn Colours – send us your pictures.Further to the post below, your turn to send us via contact page or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org your autumn pictures of the meadows even add a location quiz we look forward to your contributions . No doubt, as to theContinue reading “Autumn Colours – send us your pictures.”
- Autumn Colours AheadThank you and well done to Jacky Turner for correctly locating our King Crimson ‘North Cray Road between St James’s church and Leafield Lane!. we will see if we can identify when this was planted. mh 18/10 2022 Whatever yourContinue reading “Autumn Colours Ahead”
Trip Advisor Reviews
“Lovely spot for a picnic”
“Love this place, so peaceful”