Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
About the Friends
The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Check out our Blog
- January Update – Subscriptions please and a Public MeetingWith a Thank you and apology to those of you who have sent your subscription or recently joined us. January is the start of our member ship year and I remind you to pay your subscriptions for 2023. You canContinue reading “January Update – Subscriptions please and a Public Meeting”
- A Dull Weekend but Keep Sending your PicturesWindy and wet meant not many Visitors to the Information Centre or even out and about. But a visit to Foots Cray Meadows is always a joy even in this weather. Do cheer us all up, and send in yourContinue reading “A Dull Weekend but Keep Sending your Pictures”
- Information Centre Open 7th January 2023 from 10amFirst Saturday of the month, indeed of 2023 and the committee will open the centre from 10am to 12noon. Come along for a chat. To find us follow the Lane from the Rectory Lane car park for about 500m pastContinue reading “Information Centre Open 7th January 2023 from 10am”
Trip Advisor Reviews
“Lovely spot for a picnic”
“Love this place, so peaceful”