Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
Our Public Meeting & AGM is Tuesday 27th September, full details Meadows News Page
About the Friends
The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Check out our Blog
- Pubic Meeting & AGMTuesday 27th September, details see below
- Cold Picnics Only PleasePlease do not bring disposable BBQs to the Meadows (technically BBQs are not allowed on the site). Wildfires are a real risk this weekend. Think ‘tinderbox dry outback’, discarded bottles and cans are also a fire hazard take you rubbishContinue reading “Cold Picnics Only Please”
- Bat Experience 2022Saturday 24th September meet Five Arches at 6.30pm see poster
Trip Advisor Reviews
“Lovely spot for a picnic”
“Love this place, so peaceful”